The Glen Rock School District has begun its registration process for children entering kindergarten in September 2013. Kindergarten registration for all incoming students will be held at the Glen Rock Public Library on Tuesday, March 5, from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. and Wednesday, March 6, from 9:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
Official registration packets, including residency and age requirements and health forms can be downloaded from the files below.
The school district is emphasizing that, for the convenience of all families, no appointments are necessary and all registrations will be treated equally, with no “first come, first served” preference given with regard to placement. A child’s school placement is determined through a process that seeks to balance enrollment figures across the four elementary schools, taking into consideration the presence of siblings. Families will be notified of their child’s assignment by June 1, 2013.
Kindergarten registration is open to all resident children who will turn five years of age on or before October 1, 2013. School administrators and nursing personnel will be on hand to answer questions. Please take note of the following:
· Parents are asked to complete all forms prior to registration.
· Bring appropriate original proof of residency and birthdate in order to expedite the process.
· Twoproofs of residency must be presented:
1. Either a recorded deed showing ownership of a residence within the district,
Or a notarized lease or notarized letter from the landlord, effective during the current or upcoming school year.
2. In addition, you must present a public utility bill, received within the last three months, showing name, address and date. If the public utility bill is not in the name of the parent/guardian, two additional pieces of official mail are required, showing name, address and date, such as: property tax bill, driver’s license, insurance bill, telephone bill, cable bill, credit card bill, orbank statement.
· Proof of the child’s identity and age may include an original birth certificate, baptismal certificate or passport.
Kindergarten orientation meetings will be scheduled before the opening of school; updated information will be posted on the district website. Additional information is available by contacting any of the elementary schools at 201-445-7700.
Interested families will also be able to register for the Glen Rock Community School’s Kindergarten Plus enrichment program at the time of kindergarten registration. Click here for more information about the program.
Registration for all children entering the district in September 2013 will be held on Monday, May 20, 2013 at the Glen Rock Public Library from 9:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.